Vacancy – Executive Chef (Hotel)
We are looking for an Executive Chef that will build a reputation for a 3-star hotel located in Abeokuta, by maintaining a talented and creative kitchen brigade, offering an innovative menu, and promising an exceptional culinary experience.
Specifically, as an executive chef you will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Create menus that meet and exceed customers’ needs and conform to brand standards
- Ensure the consistent production of high-quality food at all times.
- Develop positive customer relations through proactive interaction with guests, team members, contractors, and suppliers.
- Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the kitchen or related areas
among guests and team members.
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality, and administrative functions
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest
queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure team members have up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions, and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Comply with all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene, and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are inline
with market trends
- at least 7years relevant experience as an Executive Chef
- Excellent leadership skills
- A creative approach to the production of high-quality food
- A business-focused approach to managing a hotel kitchen
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships, internal and external, to the hotel and the Company
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and
- A certification in management
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement should submit their CV and a cover letter
explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by
January 18, 2022.