Our client, a big player in the financial services industry, desires the services of an ACCOUNTANT who will be responsible for keeping and interpreting financial records. Details of the job are as follows:
- Ensuring the accuracy of financial documents, as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best-practices, identify issues and strategize solutions, and help the Company run efficiently
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization
- Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments
- Ensuring that financial records are compliant with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Attention to detail: the ideal candidate must pay strong attention to detail in order to be able to keep information accurate and organized.
- Business acumen: Must understand the basic functions of a business in order to accurately analyze and interpret financial data.
- Computer literacy: Ability to use advanced accounting software and other computer-based tools to work effectively is compulsory.
- Analytical skills: Collecting and analyzing financial data is a skill requirement and is important for identifying patterns and potential issues.
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate the results and present findings in written reports.
- First degree or its Equivalent, preferably in a numeric discipline e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or in a related field.
- The ideal candidate must have basic experience in accounting, with at least 4 years in a finance department.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) certification would be desirable but not compulsory.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Or HND in any of Accounting or Business Administration
- Not more than 35years of age.
Reports to MD/CEO
How to apply
Due to urgency to fill in the vacant position, interested candidates who meet the above requirement should submit their CV and a cover letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position to [email protected] latest by December 25, 2020.